Chief Steward: Tracey Rex 0429 936740
Entry Fee: $1 adults/ 50 c child per entry Prize Money: 1st $4, 2nd $2
ALL ENTRIES MUST BE AT THE SECRETARY’S OFFICE AT THE SHOWGROUND BY 4 PM MONDAY 22rd April 2013.
Conditions of Entry: (Please read carefully)
- All entries must be photographed by the exhibitor, but developing and enlarging may be commercially done.
- FRAMED PRINTS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED
- Entry size – minimum 15mm x 100mm (6” x 4”) Maximum 220mm x 155mm (8” X 6”)
- ALL prints must be mounted on thin flat cardboard or heavy paper with a border of 30 mm on all sides to allow for the photo to be pinned up and numbered. It is also essential that the print is securely fastened to the cardboard or paper so they do not fall off while being displayed.
- Entries must have the Exhibitor’s name, address and the Class it is to be entered on the back of each photo. Entries incorrectly classed will be reallocated to the correct Class at the steward’s discretion.
- LATE ENTRIES WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
- EXHIBITS PREVIOUSLY SHOWN AT THE NARRABRI SHOW ARE EXCLUDED.
- FLORA/ FAUNA entries by definition must exclude ALL objects that are related to man or are man made.
- Creative entries by definition are those photos intentionally altered so that they do not appear in their usual context. The use of Photoshop is ideal for this type of entry.
- The Steward/s and Judge reserve the right to accept or reject any exhibit.
- Entries forwarded by post MUST be firmly packaged bearing the sender’s name, address and sections entered. Exhibits will be repacked and returned provided that a self addressed stamped packaging is included for the return post.
- All due care will be taken in handling and presentation of the exhibitor’s work. However, no responsibility can be accepted for accidental damage or loss caused in transit or by misadventure during the display.
- Collection of entries will be available from the Show Office at the Showground on the Monday immediately after the show and not before.
- NOT OPEN TO PROFESSIONAL PHOTOGRAPHERS.
Hints for Photographers
• Mounting prints for show – Do not use photo corners, double sided tabs with a piece of removal sticky tape on the back of the photo to ensure the print lies flat on the thin cardboard or heavy paper and stays there during the display period.
• Each photograph is assigned to only one Section and Class, it cannot be marked for several Sections. If the Exhibitor wishes to put the same photo in several Classes then there must be a separate photo for each Class.
Champion Colour Print (Open) - Donated Vision Engraving & Trophies.
Champion Colour Print (Local) - Donated by L & R Hall & Sons
Champion Black & White Print (All Classes) - Donated by L & R Hall & Sons
Champion Junior Print (Primary/High School) – Donated by Authentic Trademarks
Grand Champion Photo– Donated by L & R Hall & Sons
Most Successful Exhibitor - Donated by Authentic Trademarks
Champion Special Section (Series Open) – Donated by Studio Works Photographics
Peoples’Choice - Donated by Studio Works Photographics
SPECIAL CLASS PRINTS - Sponsored by Studio Works Photographics
Series Photos (Any Subject) - Open to any age group. (Limit of 2 entries per person).
Set of a maximum of 3 photographs on a series of events or actions. Must be submitted on one piece of cardboard, maximum size of each photograph is 155 mm x 220 mm (6” x 8”). Photographs will be judged as a series and not as individual photographs.